Thursday, February 21, 2013

There's nothing like the excitement of a new project. Getting the patterns in the mail, reading the envelopes, and going over the instructions are a close second to trying on the finished garment for the first time.

This enthusiasm quickly wanes when the cutting out process begins but it's sweet while it lasts.

The envelope, please...

 McCall's 6553 and 6696


This beauty, "Patternmaking (Portfolio Skills)" by Denmic Chunman Lo, also came in the mail. I stayed up until 3:00 a.m. reading and admiring the beautiful illustrations. It's well written and makes the pattern making process easy to understand. I look forward to making my pattern block and, eventually, my own designs.


Fresh flowers, fresh bread, new patterns, and Blue Bottle Chemex coffee.
A happy mess!

I'm starting with the Fashion Star tent dress in black ponte, which will be my first time working with a knit. Now let's do the damn thang!



No comments:

Post a Comment